Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook

Interesting civic issue

edited March 2013 in Tech
Ok so lng story short my buddy grenaded his main tranny pump and a shop diagnosed it as a seized motor. We pulled the motor/tranny and found it was the tranny. Got all the new parts, put everything back together and now the car revs feom about 1500-3k on its own at idle and throws a p0141 code. I know there are a few of you that know hondas so I figured I'd see if you had any insights. Oh and the car is an 01 EX coupe with the D17A2 motor

Comments

• Is it a "hunting idle"? Or does it; Revs up, drops, revs up, drops non-stop?
  • rev up and drop non stop
  • Idle Air Control Valve issue. Check your wiring and vacuum lines. If everything is ok then remove the IACV and clean it out. There will be a small screen in the opening, remove that and make sure it's not plugged.
  • Yes IACV is a common issue, and or a vacuum line. Check vac. lines first as you just had the motor out and might not have hooked on up correctly.
  • vac line...now the fucker is pissing coolant!!! this civic might be the death of me! just hoping it's not a head gasket
  • Fixed it all and the bitch is good to go!!!
  • Good to hear man. Those little issues sure can be baffling sometimes