Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook

Boost Controllers

BenBen
edited February 2013 in Tech
Well since I am going to be running a large turbo in the NX, I am in need of a GOOD boost controller. Whats people opinions on it?

Comments

• Hallman manual boost controller. Best one I've ever used. So accurate that I was able to push 25psi out of an Evo3 16G with the external wastegate @ 10psi spring pressure. It was always spot on, even at that high of a pressure.

• I think I may have found my option. I am going to be going to be running a new ECU thats coming out for that car. It will be the closest thing to a full standalone you can get. Supposedly you can do boost by gear and control boost with the ECU.
  • Boost by gear is incredible, especially for fwd
  • Yea, I just upgraded to a GT35 for the NX, I will mos def need a boost controller and boost by gear will be awesome.
  • I have no input on this, aside from the fact that I've been driving around a jetta tdi for a week with 0 boost. It hauls with it's 40hp..
  • jkeppers" said:
    I have no input on this, aside from the fact that I've been driving around a jetta tdi for a week with 0 boost. It hauls with it's 40hp..
    Seeing how you have TDI, you could get a boost controller and crank up the boost on that turbo diesel!
  • And then blow it up. But you could roll mad smoke.... Out smoke a truck. Lol
  • I had a Hallman in my old scooby. Damn accurate controller and my boost never creaped any higher than what I had it set at.
  • I have a vibrant MBC. I wanted an EBC.
  • I always appreciated the reliability of a manual (static) boost controller. As long as its quality there really isn't any possibility of error (spikes, leaks... etc).

Though, you can't argue with the function of a good EBC. When I had the Slut, I was debating about setting up a boost-by-gear control. The ultimate setup is boost-by-speed but requires a speed sensor on your non-powered wheels so it's a little more extensive to set up but that way it would eliminate wheel spin. The few cars that I've heard of running it have pulled some pretty crazy 1/4 mile times over a boost-by-gear. Neat stuff
  • Just buy my standalone and no more worries, control your boost with the ever reliant GM boost solenoid :)

My turboXS MBC was creepy, hallman is where it's at
  • What standalone do you have Max?
  • Link Lem G3, for sale rifgt now for $700 obo, possible trade for a pistol :)
  • Oh gotcha. Subie system?
  • more common in nissans and toyota I think, it'll run anything you want. They aren't that well known over here, they are based in new zealand

http://www.linkecu.com/products/engine-management/lemg3-whatdoesitdo