Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook

85 chord

edited September 2013 in Projects
Why not piss off some ford guys...

1985 Ford Mustang LX:
6.0 LQ4 out of an 03 2500hd
T56 built to hold 800ftlbs
Sub frame connectors
10pt roll cage
Flaming River manual steering rack
5 lug swap
FR500 rims- front: 17X9, rear: 17X10.5
8.8 axle with posi

Plan for the car is to be close to 2800lbs and around 400hp when it first comes to life. The end plan is to put a s375 turbo on it and push the transmission to its limits.

Car is currently completely gutted sitting on an old metal barn door with castors welded to it. No suspension to speak of yet since I still need to order it. I'm hoping to have it as a rolling shell by the end of next month.

It should end up looking something like this:

AJE Racing tubular k-member, tubular front lower control arms, tubular rear control arms uppers are adjustable, t-56 cross member, ls style motor mounts and coil overs for the front. $2000.00 suspension package that I picked up for $1619.00 shipped thanks to military discount and a 10% off sale on packages AJE had going on.

Custom made headers. Started life as F-body headers and have extra bungs welded in for a wide band. Guy spent about $800 to build them. 1 7/8" primaries with 3" collectors. Extra bung welded in for a wide band. Got them for $400 delivered.

Still need to get caster camber plates so i can finish mounting the coil overs. Then it will be time to put the front on the ground. Screw that old metal barn door...

Texas Speed magic stick 3: 237/242 .603"/.609" 112 LSA cam for $160. Now I just need the valve train parts to handle it, LS6 intake and LS1 oil stuff to drop the motor in.

Some random pictures of things in it:

Kelly helping me with shortening an axel:

Just spent 700 bucks on new coil overs for the rear. Might have a partially assembled car by the end of next month. And yes, the car is no longer on the barn door. Thanks for Mr. Dosh, it has been scrapped.

Comments

• hurray!! that car is finally getting worked on. lol... the previous previous owner would be happy, lol.
  • Can't wait to see this monster come together!
  • dont hold your breath on updates...
  • ^I would take that as a challenge! Git-r-dun buy the end of spring!!!
  • Try hopefully running by fall... Like Glenn said, don't hold your breath. Remodeling a house and playing grown up means car only gets attention very seldom.
  • UPR messed up on my order... Instead of getting single adjustable QA1 shocks I'm getting double adjustable Vik-ing shocks. Costs almost 300 more but am getting them for free. I guess we'll see how it goes when/if the car ever gets running lol
  • bank error in your favor
  • Nice! Are those they a "dial damping" shock where you have a screw or nut on the top of the shock for increasing/decreasing pressure?

Gotta love it when these little snaffoos happen in your favor!
  • Don't know yet. The company is based out of Lakeville MN. Product is so new they don't even have info on their website about it yet. I guess we'll see how it goes.
  • Look what decided to show up today!

• Got the Flaming River manual steering rack all set and place. Just waiting on the adapters for the rear coilovers so I can get the rear end put together and on the ground. Still need to get the steering column in and hooked up. Then it will be time to drop the motor and trans in for fitment. Hardest part is going to be finding bolts...
  • Awesome work Gibbs! Getting closer!
  • Got a few more things scratched off the list today. Painted the rear axle in a way that it doesn't look so shity now. Swapped out the old rear control arms and the transmission cross member for the new ones. Cleaned all the crap out of the interior of the car and tried to bolt in the steering column but the mounts seem to be missing... Time for some research on the interwebs.

• Gotta love shiny new parts!!!